New England Model Aircraft Club invites you to the 39th Sailplane Expo.
January 25 to 28, 2019
Warrane Road Field, Armidale Google Maps Co-ordinates -30.444252,151.518692
Events will be F5J and Open Thermal (combined Winch and Electric launch).
The F5J event will run from 1000 on Friday January 25 to 1700 Saturday January 26.
This will be the last of the qualifying events for selection of a team to represent Australia in the first F5J World Championships to be held near Trnava, Slovakia in August 2019. Given the uncertainty about the exact rules for the 2019 WCs, we have decided that for this event stability augmentation systems (gyros) will not be permitted in F5J.
The Open Thermal event will be held from 0900 Sunday January 27 to 1300 Monday January 28. It will allow both winch and electric launch to the RCGA rules below. Note:- RCGA = Radio Control Gliding Association http://rcga.org.au
Entries close January 18, 2019. Entry form is here Expo-Entry-Form-2019
The field will be available for practice Thursday January 24, 2019
We look forward to seeing you all again. Bring your MAAA membership card with you.
More details :- Hutton Oddy 0425 285 758 or firstname.lastname@example.org
RCGA AGM agreed rules – winch and electric launch rules
1. Winch launch gliders will fly to the normal 10 in 12 rules.
2. For safety reasons – electric launch gliders must launch in a direction specified by the contest director (normally into wind) with a first turnpoint also specified by the content director (eg: 100m from the launch point). The CD will determine this based on number of pilots and the conditions of the day.
3. Electric gliders will have their motor turn off after either 30 seconds of motor run OR at a height of 200 meters – whichever comes first (or when the pilot turns it off if earlier).
4. Electric launch gliders will fly 10:30 in 12 minute working time (to account for the 30 sec motor run).
5. For scoring purposes 30 sec will be deducted from the final electric flight time (eg: A 10:31 will be scored as 10:01).
6. Both winch and electric launch gliders will land to the F3J landing rules – maximum of 100 points.